M. B. Weston now has her own YouTube Channel (youtube.com/TheMBWeston). Please be sure to check it out!
M. B. Weston’s Corner features quick writing and life lessons with M. B. Weston’s energy, creativity, craziness, and a touch of sarcasm.
Be sure to check out all the M. B. Weston’s Corner videos!
- Show, Don’t Tell Part 1 – We explain “Show, Don’t Tell”, highlighting how writers often miss the mark.
- Show, Don’t Tell Part 2: Action – We discuss using action to help turn scenes that only “tell” into scenes that show.
- Show, Don’t Tell Part 3: Dialogue – We discuss how to Show, Don’t Tell in your writing using dialogue, and what better way to illustrate the importance of dialogue than to bring on the character Wilson from Cast Away as a special guest.
- Show, Don’t Tell Part 4: Description & Sensory Details – We discuss how to use description and sensory details to show instead of tell and to give your readers an experience instead of just a story.
- Writers giving Thanks: Thanksgiving 2017 – A little tongue-in-cheek video about what writers are thankful for…
This video series of M. B. Weston’s dramatic retelling of her steampunk short story, “The Survivor,” tells of an assassin named Angelica Blackmore assigned to a dangerous mission that will change the course of the world’s history. It is based on M. B. Weston’s short story, “The Survivor,” published in Dreams of Steam: Gadgets by Dark Oak Press.
The Survivor – Part One: The Airship – Angelica’s mission begins on the HMS Phoenix, an airship built in secret. Unfortunately, the Phoenix’s test flight ends with a fiery explosion, and Angelica must race against time and gravity to survive. Be sure to stay for the out takes! (Click here to view.)
The Survivor – Part Two: The Wreckage – Angelica wakes up, and finds herself lying in a field. She discovers she is the only survivor of an airship crash, and she needs to find a carriage that’s waiting to take her to London so she can finish the rest of her assignment. Be sure to stay for the out takes! (Click here to view.)
The Survivor – Part Three: The Drop – After surviving an airship crash, Angelica arrives in London, prepared to deliver a briefcase to a young German college student named Fritz Haber. Be sure to stay for the out takes! (Click here to view.)
The Survivor – Part 4: Regret – Angelica has surviving an airship crash, and successfully completed her mission to deliver Professor Fredrick Guthrie’s briefcase to a young German student named Fritz Haber. Her mission appears to complete, except for an inspector who refuses to go away. Be sure to stay for the outtakes! (Click here to view.)