I posted this on my Facebook page Thursday night, and it got good reviews so I figured I would post it here as well.
How to distract a science fiction/fantasy writer in 10 easy steps:
- I am really annoyed with this chapter. It’s not flowing…
- I wonder how my blog did today? Let me check…
- Oh! I think need some chamomile tea. :::makes tea:::
- I should check my Facebook notifications.
- I am getting so distracted! I need someone standing behind me with a whip.
- :::breaks into song::: “Where there’s a whip, [crack] there’s a way…”
- Why didn’t Peter Jackson do The Hobbit like Bass and Rankin? #headdesk
- I should update my Facebook status about my pathetic ability to stay on target.
- “He’s too close!” “Stay on target.” “I can’t shake him!”
- Why did George Lucas insist on directing Episodes 1-3 himself?
Hmmmm. I think I need some chamomile tea….
Fantasy, steampunk, and paranormal novelist M. B. Weston is the author of The Elysian Chronicles, a fantasy series about guardian angel warfare and treason. Weston is also the hose of The Final Cut In Movies radio show that airs on TMV Cafe Monday nights at 8:00 EST. For more information on M. B. Weston, visit www.mbweston.com. To receive notification of M. B. Weston’s book releases click here to subscribe to Dark Oak Press & Media’s e-newsletter.